Date : 10 July 2008
Paricipants : Catrin, Victoras/Pafilia office
Topic : Meeting regarding the re-design of my kitchen
This meeting is a follow-up meeting from 9. July 2008 regarding the adjustment/redesign of my kitchen. The redesign is necessary as the kitchen walls are physically smaller than on the architectural drawings.
Unfortunately I have to check everything. Items we discussed just a few days ago have been forgotten in the plan. Also, I wonder if any attention is paid to compatibility or practicability. Even common sense would help, but sometimes I wonder….
- The dishwasher and the sink needs to be changed around
- Above the stovetop we have two shelves and a cupboard with glass doors. The doors will open towards the top, not sideways.
- The stovetop has to be centred
- The fridge will not be framed. This allows to exchange the fridge if necessary. Above the fridge we will install shelves
- I told Victoras about the importance of kitchen drawer organizers (e.g. storage/cutlery trays, I reminded him of the organizer systems we saw at Petroussis). I have the feeling that Victoras completely ignores the standard measurements for these drawers. He replied that the Petrussis organiser system is flexible and can be adjusted to any size. I hope he is right!
- I told him that I am not very happy about the fact that no architect is paying attention to the design of my kitchen. Since Said left the company the topic kitchen is handled superficially. He disrespectfully replied that I constantly change things around. I told him that if they had done a proper and professional job from the beginning I didn’t have to do “their” job. Several items of the proposed kitchen design are just not suitable for practical kitchen work. One good example is a swinging double door like in a western saloon bar. Who want’s to get stuck in this?
- When we concluded the meeting and I was about to leave, Victoras mentioned on the fly if I had considered planning for electrical sockeds behind the cabinets in my dressing room as well as in Sarah´s room. Thanks for telling me "on the fly"! Sometimes I am really upset about the relaxed attitude of Victoras. He has a long way to go in his job!
- When I returned home I thought about the downdraft exhaust. I wonder if they have planed to incorporate the device into the wooden panels on the outside of our villa!