The meeting minutes were taken by Maria from Pafilia. We have replied to her email and made some changes and corrections in order to clarify the meeting minutes from Maria. Our additions are made in bold/cursive letters.
General comments regarding the meeting:
- The reference is made to meeting with Antonis Mavros dated 4. August 2008 (see homepage www.buildingavillaincyprus.com).
- Just like at the last meeting, only old and incomplete architectural plans were available.
- Sonia Karasellos did not participate at the meeting
- At the meeting on 4 August we discussed several items and concrete action items were agreed (new drawings of kitchen and master bathroom, confirmation of additional work for Under Floor Heating). None of the action items on Pafilias side were completed.
- 2 new members of staff were introduced:
- Mr. Tony Kimoniis, Interior Designer. He is suppose to help us with the interior design of our villa
- Mr. Giorgos Vominates, Senior Site Engineer. He will replace Andreas Efthymiades.
Email from Maria:
From: "Maria Petrides"
Send: 02.09.08 17:48:28
To: "Antonis Mavros" , "Sonia Karasellos" , "George Voniatis" , "Tony Kimonis" , "Andreas Efthymiades" , "Rena Charalambidou" , "kyriakos Irodotou"
Regarding: Catrin Koring-Koumasia villa 7, Minutes of Meeting held on 2.8.08
-point one on previous list; columns at pool level to be at no extra cost
- We discussed what finish the columns should have (mosaic, concrete). To finish this discussion, we decided subsequent to the meeting to cancel the columns in the waterfall pool. Sonia is asked to calculate the savings.
-8 existing columns to be costed if changed to 4 columns at 30x30.
- The above item refers to the columns next to Catrin´s terrace. This is not identical with the columns in the pool. Sonia is asked to calculate the savings for 4 columns instead of 8 columns and what additional costs occur because of LED lights.
Groundfloor level :
-new layout plan for kitchen and bathroom to be prepared by Tony and instruction to be ready in 2 days to present to client.
-window in kitchen to move according to new kitchen plan
-Kitchen window to be moved towards the left so that the right side is the same line as utility room.
-Retain the same opening for window.
- Mr. Mavrous recommends that it is necessary for the design and practicability of the kitchen to move the window a bit.
Kitchen,living room and bedrooms:
-provisions for light point (below ceiling) in all rooms. (strip lighting on perimeter of room)
1stfloor living, dining and bedroom area:
-Aluminum roller blinds to be divided in 4with 2 mid sections sliding on either side.
- We discussed the topic that we need advise from Pafilia regarding windows (e.g. double/triple glassing, tinted glass or plain, we like to physically see the windows Pafilia is proposing). On the 1 st Floor level, Roller Blinds are looked at as an option.
- Pafilia is asked to provide a quotation.
- The living room window (about 6,80 m) is divided into 4 equal sections. The 2 doors in the middle slide to the side. The respective left and right windows are fixed. The Roller Blinds should be divided into 3 separate pieces (left (about 1,7m), right (about 1,7m) and middle (about 3,4m). The Roller Blinds should open electrically.
-sliding doors in living, dining and bedrooms- wall recess to be cancelled.
-opening to be divided by 3.
-1/3 fixed wall, other 2 sliding solid timberdoors.
- To clarify the above bullets: We discussed how the sliding door is being built. It was our understanding that the sliding doors do not slide into 2 brick walls, like it is currently being build. Mr. Mavros agreed and advised that the concept needs to be adjusted. He recommends one fixed wall and 2 sliding, wooden doors. All 3 parts have about the same lengths. When the two sliding doors are opened, they hide completely behind the brick wall.
-to be made with aluminium fins, construction to be costed -final decision by client.
- It was discussed that the concrete canopy was forgotten to build. We discussed alternatives. I asked Pafilia to provide us with solutions, as it is clearly a mistake. Mr. Mavros said it would not be a problem to still apply a concrete canopy according to the plans. However, he would recommend using different material. He will propose a aluminum fin design.
-To be checked on site to see if any correction is necessary
- We discussed that the stair case is wrongly build. The heights at the turning point is only 1,90 meters. The owner is 1,92 m tall
Soffitceiling over guest toilet
-something to accommodate luggage etc, withaccess through a hatched door to get into storage space.
- I rose to problem that the slab in the guest toilet room of the first floor was missing. I clarified that a slab needs to be build as a toilet cannot be without a ceiling. I agreed that it does not have to be solid cast iron concrete but strong enough to holdup as a general storage place.
-to have instructionready for bath as discussed
-To arrange appointment withClients and Antonis Muvros also present next week Monday,8.8.08. We will seeclient at 15.00 pm for a run through the plans and changes with architects. Pleasearrange the meeting for after if possible and confirm time to client. Catrin 99387 081.
Antonis, Giorgos and Tony:
-Please be present for next meeting to be held on Monday, 8.8.08at 15.00 at Antonis office.
For further assistance please do nothesitate to contact us
Customer Care Project Officer
33 Nicodemou Mylona Street, Marina