Meeting at Pafilia Office with Sonia and the Managing Director of panair, Mr. Panayiotis Tsiakkouris, a sub-contractor of Pafilia.
- Pafilia provided me with an offer regarding underfloor heating. However, no one at Pafilia could give me detailed information regarding the offer but the price. Thus I asked for the meeting with the subcontractor. Panayiotis´s company is responsible for all plumbing in our villa as well as potentially for the underfloor heating system (Domoteck). He explained to me his offer in detail, including what thermostat options I have.
- We also discussed solar / photovoltaic at great length. He explained why these systems are less effective in hot countries like Cyprus. Instead he recommended heat pump systems. The under floor heating could be water based (instead of electrical as offered) and run through the heat pump. Heat pumps use no oil or gas and all it takes is a cylinder that requires 1 sqm. The cylinder could be stored in the technical room at the pool. Added value: Our regular hot water can be heated the same way and the government subsidises the investment with 55% of its costs. The break-even is usually after 5 years. The government pays its share about 8 months after the investment is made. The only disadvantage is an extra 20 cm of concrete on my floor.
I asked him to provide me an offer for a heat pump solution.
- Sonia handed over the overall electrical installation plan. It is according to government regulations. She asked me to go over the plans and make any changes / additions we feel necessary (both floors).
- The architectural drawings are not ready. I can pick them up on Monday.
- A new architect has not been nominated. All questions / changes should be directed to her. She did not know, if a new architect will be nominated at all.
- The revised contract is not ready yet. She will see to it and get back to me.
- Sonia will also coordinate the 3d drawing of the villa
- We went over the latest version of the architectural drawings. I noticed that the wall next to the bathtub is too high. This way I wound see anything when I am actually lying in the tub. I asked her to discuss this internally and arrange to adjust it. The tub should be raised by 15 cm.
I also pointed out the wrong staircase I saw yesterday at the construction site and that Christakis and his team have the wrong plans. She called Andreas and asked him to stop the activities and investigate the matter.
- When we met the last time, I asked Sonia to provide me with the contractual budget number for our kitchens, closets and cabinets, (entrance) doors. She forgot. Her co-worker George will see to it. She promised the numbers the next time we meet.
Sonia will have a few days off. We agreed to call next week and agree a follow-up meeting.