18.2.2008 – Meeting on-site with Pafilia Architect. Participants: Said, Catrin, Prof. Chand. Missing: Christakis, Viktoras
- What a pleasant surprise. For the first time I met my neighbour, Prof. Chand. His villa is buid by Pafilia as well.
- Today the craftsmen were setting up the molds for the concrete pillars and columns.
- Said measured the distance between the supporting concrete pillar between the kitchen and the dinging room and the patio. The result of 3,65 m did not sound right to him so he called the office. They confirmed the results are correct. Back home I looked into the architectural drawings myself and Said was right. 1,65 m is missing. I immediately called Said and gave him the news about the error. He promised to look into it immediately (Punch List)
- I asked Said again about a solution for the kitchen door. Having the door in the dining room is also not the most desirable solution.
- Said told the workers to clean the concrete foundation thoroughly before the next level of concrete is applied (no nails, no dirt).
- Said recommended that we pay attention to the insulation and damp protection of the ground floor. It is a 3 step process:
- Bitumen paint is applied at the external sites of the foundations
- Tar-bitumen sheeting membrane under the first row of bricks
- …(do be clarified)
Catrin will ask Christakis to inform her when damp protection is installed
- Said was reminded to send the new architectural plans by email to Axel
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, 4th March 2008, 10 a.m. Goal of the meeting is to choose tiles, textures, colour of windows frames etc. Participants: Catrin, Said, Maria, Axel.
- Maria is asked to prepare a list of the items we have to select.